L+A’s team of experts encompasses subject matter and sector specialists from areas covering the full range of data protection, privacy and associated matters.
Reputation damaging high profile data breaches, together with the tougher sanctions about to be imposed by the GDPR, mean that data protection and privacy is now a board-level agenda item for many of our clients who are concerned about their risk exposure in this context.
By being at the cutting edge of developments from both a technological and a regulatory perspective, we can support our clients to optimise their approach in respect of their compliance position and to avoid privacy “roadblocks” and data security issues.
We benefit from a range of mandates (contentious and non-contentious) from clients across most private sectors and advise on:
- large global and smaller-scale data protection compliance projects,
- new data product launches,
- negotiating contractual provisions addressing data protection and privacy,
- incident response and crisis management (associated with data breaches),
- cyber security,
- employment-related data matters,
- data retention issues and policies,
- international data transfer strategies (including binding corporate rules),
- regulatory enquiries,
- data privacy issues arising out of acquisitions and divestments, and
- data disputes.